Tech Team Twitter Feed

Thursday, July 5, 2012

New Tools = Better Learning?

The e- and m-learning communities have been blessed with several new tools this summer. Most notably Articulate Storyline and Adobe Captivate 6. A a technical director, I am charged with evaluating and discerning the best way to spend my budget on new tools and/or upgrades to my toolset. As an old programmer I love all the new ways to do things, improved efficiencies, and easier solutions for non technical people to handle lower level programming tasks. New tools generally open new ideas, improve work flows and even improve profit. But, I'm not just looking at tools from a programming point of view anymore. I am, after all, in the learning business and my eduction degree kicks in and asks the question "how is learning being improved?" At elearndevcon this past month, I had a long conversation with Art Kohn. We discussed this question in depth. I think many people have varying thoughts. What are your thoughts on this topic. Do the new tools help with learners retention and do they change behavior? If so, how? Thanks,

1 comment:

  1. E-learning Solution is really very helpful for education. Most of the companies and corporate organization are following this process to train their office staff as they save a lot of time and money. E-leaning development companies create customized e-learning solutions for the Web that allows you to take your training and sessions.

    ReplyDelete